The breathtaking nature and landscapes of Tyrol offer a huge range of sports and leisure activities. In order to ensure this for future generations, we have to protect and preserve the delicate ecosystem and precious natural landscapes.
Ecological, economic and social sustainability are of great importance to us. With every decision that we take, we try to contribute to climate and environmental protection, resource conservation, as well as to social equality.
- Only already existing, modern sports facilities and infrastructure in Innsbruck and Tyrol will be used. All sports venues – except Kitzbühel – are located no more than 27 km from Innsbruck and can be easily reached by public transport.
- We pay attention to a careful handling of water and remind our guests that the tap water in Tyrol is of outstanding quality.
- By using only reusable dishes, we will be able to avoid tons of unnecessary waste. Other waste will be properly separated and disposed of. Please bring your own beverages in refillable bottles or thermos flasks.
- Our advertising material will be printed in small quantities using recycled or FSC-certified paper. We try to avoid printing wherever possible. All documents will be available to download from our website.
- When it comes to services and products, we focus on cooperating with local partners.
- We aim to support future generations in their development – not just when it comes to sports but in general. That is why we work closely with local schools.
- Volunteering at the WWMG 2020 brings together people of all sexes, ages, ethnicities, religions and nationalities. This contributes to building social capital for the region.
In all these points, we focus on the well-being of society with the aim of preserving and promoting social cohesion in Innsbruck and Tyrol in many years to come.