Regional Theatre and Haus der Musik
Innsbruck‘s centre of theatre and music
The Regional Theatre was built in the Classicist style between 1844 and 1846 according to plans by Giuseppe Segusini. Visitors will immediately notice the four Corinthian pillars marking the entrance to the building. The site had previously been home to another theatre, the Court Theatre commissioned by Archduke Ferdinand Karl. Today the Regional Theatre hosts operas, operettas, theatre and dance. In autumn 2018 the Haus der Musik was opened next door. It is a meeting place for everyone interested in music, from musicians and teachers to students and members of the public.